The PyXML package is a collection of libraries to process XML with Python. It contains, among other things
* xmlproc: a validating XML parser.
* Expat: a fast non-validating parser.
* sgmlop: a C helper module that can speed-up xmllib.py and sgmllib.py by a factor of 5.
* PySAX: SAX 1 and SAX2 libraries with drivers for most of the parsers.
* 4DOM: A fully compliant DOM Level 2 implementation
* javadom: An adapter from Java DOM implementations to the standard Python DOM binding.
* pulldom: a DOM implementation that supports lazy instantiation of nodes.
* marshal: a module with several options for serializing Python objects to XML, including WDDX and XML-RPC.