advas is a python module which provides algorithms for advanced search. These methods are mainly used in information retrieval and linguistics.
This package contains:
* statistical algorithms: term frequency (tf), term frequency with stop list, inverse document frequency (idf), retrieval status value (rsv), language detection, k-nearest neighbour algorithm (kNN).
* linguistic algorithms: stemming algorithms, synonym detection with the use of the OpenThesaurus (plain text version).
* sound-like methods: soundex, metaphone, NYSIIS algorithm, caverphone algorithm (version 2.0).
* ranking methods a simple descriptor-based ranking algorithm.
* text search algorithms: Knuth-Morris-Pratt.