Open Source Project Management Tools in Python
|Task Coach is a simple open source todo manager to manage personal tasks and todo lists.
Task Coach currently (0.65.0) has the following features:
* Creating, editing, and deleting tasks and subtasks.
* Tasks have a subject, description, priority, start date, due date, a completion date and an optional reminder.
* Tasks can be viewed as a list or as a tree.
* Tasks can be sorted by all task attributes, e.g. subject, budget, budget left, due date, etc.
* Several filters to e.g. hide completed tasks or view only tasks that are due today.
* Tasks can be created by dragging an e-mail message from Outlook or Thunderbird onto a task viewer.
* Attachments can be added to task by dragging and dropping files, e-mail messages from Outlook or Thunderbird, or URL's onto a task.
* Task status depends on its subtask and vice versa. E.g. if you mark the last uncompleted subtask as completed, the parent task is automatically marked as completed too.
* Tasks and notes can be assigned to user-defined categories.
* Settings are persistent and saved automatically. The last opened file is loaded automatically when starting Task Coach.
* Tracking time spent on tasks. Tasks can have a budget. Time spent can be viewed by individual effort period, by day, by week, and by month.
* The Task Coach file format (.tsk) is XML.
* Tasks, notes, effort, and categories can be exported to HTML and CSV (Comma separated format). Effort can be exported to iCalendar/ICS format as well.
* Tasks, effort, notes, and categories can be printed. When printing, Task Coach prints the information that is visible in the current view, including any filters and sort order.
* Task Coach can be run from a removable medium.
Go To Task Coach
|Trac is an enhanced wiki and issue tracking system for software development projects. Trac uses a minimalistic approach to web-based software project management.
Go To Trac
|Faces is a powerful and free project management tool. faces stands for flexible, automated, calculating, extendible, simulating. It is based on python, an easy to learn and powerful programming language.
Go To Faces
|Basie is a web-based software project forge that integrates revision control, issue tracking, mailing lists, wikis, status dashboards, and other tools that developers need to work effectively in teams. Basie is simple enough for undergraduate students to master in ten minutes, but powerful enough to support large, distributed teams.
Go To Basie
|Jest is a software project estimator. Jest predicts how much time and how many people it will take to create a piece of software.
* Gives you a decent estimate from a small amount of input.
* Gives you a better estimate with more detailed input.
* Runs from the command line.
Go To Jest