Open Source Search Engines in Python
|advas is a python module which provides algorithms for advanced search. These methods are mainly used in information retrieval and linguistics.
This package contains:
* statistical algorithms: term frequency (tf), term frequency with stop list, inverse document frequency (idf), retrieval status value (rsv), language detection, k-nearest neighbour algorithm (kNN).
* linguistic algorithms: stemming algorithms, synonym detection with the use of the OpenThesaurus (plain text version).
* sound-like methods: soundex, metaphone, NYSIIS algorithm, caverphone algorithm (version 2.0).
* ranking methods a simple descriptor-based ranking algorithm.
* text search algorithms: Knuth-Morris-Pratt.
Go To advas
|PyLucene is a GCJ-compiled version of Java Lucene integrated with Python. Its goal is to allow you to use Lucene's text indexing and searching capabilities from Python. It is designed to be API compatible with the latest version of Java Lucene.
Go To PyLucence
|Whoosh is a fast, featureful full-text indexing and searching library implemented in pure Python.
Go To Whoosh